Wednesday 6 June 2012

Wednesday Whim- L'Oreal Color Infallible Eyeshadow Review

Hiya!
Today's whim ladies, is to review the eyeshadows by the L'Oreal Color Infallible range. I have three of their Infallible Monos eyeshadows and have had them for more than a month now so thought that I would do a review.
The shades that I have are :
1. 06 All Night Blue (Iridescent Finish)


2. 09 Permanent Kaki (Iridescent Finish)


3. 20 Pebble Grey (Matte finish)



There are many more shades but these are the ones that were sorely missing from my eyeshadow collection (excuses!). The range of colors available in India can be seen here. These eyeshadows have been compared to the Georgio Armani Eyes to Kill eyeshadows and becauseI don't have any of the the Eyes to Kill shadows, I am going to zip it shut. Coming to the review part of the blog :
L'Oreal claim the following about these eyeshadows :

  • Enhanced Color Intensity - high level of color pigments for an intense color finish.
    • My thoughts - you will have to use a shader brush or a sponge tip applicator to pick up the product in order to get an intense finish. Your fingers will also do (in fact, I got a better application with my fingers). The iridescent finish eyeshadows are more pigmented and definitely have a better color payoff than the matte ones but there is a bit of fallout from these shades.
  • Upto 24 Hour Hold along with it being crease-resistant and water-resistant.
    • My thoughts - 
      • When you pack the color on, it will definitely last a long time (around 7-8 hrs). But if you do use it as a wash of color, then it isn't going to last that long (maybe 3-4 hrs).
      • Its definitely not crease-resistant as the shadow creased around the 2 hour mark (without a primer). With a primer, it may last around 3 hours before creasing. 
      • I am on the fence about it being water resistant. On one hand it doesn't streak or run down your face like the Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique but in a country as humid as India, this eyeshadow doesn't last that long on the lids (again when used as a wash of color). 




The above swatches were done without a primer.

Overall, I am kind of satisfied with these eyeshadows and will continue to work with them. For the price (Rs 450/- i.e., around $9), I am relatively happy as some of the shades are pretty unique and not seen in the likes of other drug store brands. But will I be going for more? Probably not. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Could you do a more detailed review about the all night shade?

    ReplyDelete